Help needed with Redbull can fridge by vestfrost

Go down

Help needed with Redbull can fridge by vestfrost

Post  nek minit on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:45 am

Hey all,

Great forum! been a reader for a while before i joined.

I recently bought a redbull can fridge which i was just going to convert into a cooler/esky. But i thought might as well try and get it fixed. When i plug it in nothing turns on and seems as everything is dead. I'm thinking the compressor is gone as well as the thermostat...

What do you guys think? is it worth repairing?

Also, what would be the best way to go about turning it into a cooler/esky, just rip out the compressor etc and maybe add a drain plug and some other drainage items?

Thanks in advance.

oh i'm also located in Australia

nek minit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help needed with Redbull can fridge by vestfrost

Post  vanvalks on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:25 am

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

The cheapest and easiest place to start is to replace the compressor overload sensor. This is a round piece mounted up against the wall of compressor which turns the compressor off once it gets too hot. If this piece breaks your fridge won't turn on at all when it is plugged in.

Here is what it looks like:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is where you can buy a replacement for $10 (at least in the US)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the most part it is a pretty generic piece and will work for a wide range of compressors.

If that doesn't work then you could look to make sure the wiring is all connected or try finding a new compressor relay. However the problem is most likely not with the thermostat. Usually if the thermostat is bad the fridge will just run and run and freeze drinks because it doesn't know when to shut off.

Keep us updated on the fix!
vanvalks
Admin

View user profile http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum