Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Bull VV-2N Fridge

2 posters

Go down

Red Bull VV-2N Fridge Empty Red Bull VV-2N Fridge

Post  tehSAC Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:15 am

Found a fridge this weekend and picked it up. Both bulbs are burnt out but I dont think that will be an issue to find them. It is also missing its rack/s. I plugged it in and it's fan started to run so I pulled the trigger. Tonight I plugged it in and let it run for awhile. Is it normal for the fan/compressor to shut off after awhile or did I pick up a dud? I only paid 65 bucks for it, but I would be gutted if it is a bad purchase.

So experts what do you know?

Oh and this is my first post. Look forward to reading and learning more! Thanks!

tehSAC

Back to top Go down

Red Bull VV-2N Fridge Empty Re: Red Bull VV-2N Fridge

Post  vanvalks Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 am

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. A working fridge for $65 is a good deal. It is normal for the compressor and fan to cycle on and off. Once the compressor gets too hot or the fridge reaches the desired temperature inside it will shut off. The main thing is whether it is getting your drinks cold and holding a constant temperature. Post a pic of your new fridge.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tehSAC Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Well it seemed to hold a constant temperature over night. Just need to find some racks and the correct bulbs and I will be in business.

Here it is after I picked it up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tehSAC

Back to top Go down

Post  tehSAC Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 am

Well I'm not sure if it is cooling actually. The fan on the back wall of the fridge isn't moving so I'm afraid I might have to replace it. Is it a plug and play part or is it more involved?

tehSAC

Back to top Go down

Post  vanvalks Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Fans are typically really easy to replace. Google the serial number on the fan and you can usually quickly find a fan with the same dimensions, speed, and voltage. Once you have the replacement fan it is just a matter of wiring it in using the existing wires.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down