Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter?

3 posters

Go down

Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter? Empty Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter?

Post  vanvalks Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 pm

I picked up this fridge a few days ago and the light is not working. It has a new fluorescent bulb so the starter must need to be replaced. This is a pretty tiny fridge and I haven't had time to dig into it yet. Does anyone know where the "starter" for the light is located and even better do you know what part to buy for the replacement? I've seen somewhere on google about an FS-4 starter, but I haven't had time to do any digging yet. Thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter? Empty Re: Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter?

Post  RockstarED Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 am

The starter is kind of like a ballast. They are usually very inexpensive and your local electrical supply store should have an "FS-2" starter on hand for a couple dollars. Just tell them you need an "FS-2" starter and they will know what you are talking about. Thumbs Up
RockstarED
RockstarED

Back to top Go down

Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter? Empty Re: Red Bull Model SC-1 Light not working- Need new starter?

Post  vanvalks Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:50 am

Hey thanks for the response. I actually already did what you just suggested. My electrical supply company had an FS-2 starter for $1.50. I pulled the old starter out, popped in this new one and the lights are working great! Here is a photo comparing the new and old one. (Old one is on the right)

Also here is a pic of the location of the starter. You can just see it poking out. Just twist it and it comes right out. (do it with the fridge unplugged) Swap out took about 30 seconds once you get the rear cover off.

vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drown411 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks guys just what I needed to fix mine. Thumbs Up

Drown411

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum