Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit?

2 posters

Go down

anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit? Empty anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit?

Post  Project x Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 am

wanted to check to see how you all received your energy drink refrigerators and whether they were damaged in transit? How were they shipped - did you use pallets etc or just cardboard original packaging? i.e. redbull just sends their fridges in cardboard packaging.

thanks

Project x

Back to top Go down

anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit? Empty Re: anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit?

Post  vanvalks Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:19 am

This is a great thread to start. I've learned that these fridge are fragile and WILL get damaged in transit if not packaged extremely well. Always ship fully insured!

I purchased a Rockstar can fridge on ebay and convinced the seller to box it up and ship it to me just 1 state away. The fridge was new. When it arrived everything was in good condition, except for the castors on the bottom of the fridge- all of them were bent where they mount to the metal plate on the bottom of the fridge. The seller didn't package anything underneath the fridge to soften the landing if the box was set down hard. The fridge wouldn't hardly stand up after this so I had to disassemble the bottom of the fridge, and take the bottom metal plate off and hammer it back flat where each of the castors mount to the fridge. It was a little tricky, took about 2 hours, and the fridge is fine now.

This fridge was shipped via Fedex in a cardboard box with nothing underneath the fridge to soften and hard landings. I filed a claim with Fedex for the damage and received a check for about $120.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit? Empty Re: anyone have issues with their fridge getting damaged in transit?

Post  vanvalks Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:31 am

I also shipped a Monster Nitrous medium sized fridge via Fedex and it arrived with one of the panes of glass on the door broken. I surrounded the fridge with 2" of polystyrene on all sides and boxed it in a double-wall box. It had fragile labels all over the box. Currently in the process of filing a claim with Fedex for the damage.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum