Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixing my BC-1

2 posters

Go down

Fixing my BC-1  Empty Fixing my BC-1

Post  timakramer@gmail.com Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:07 am

I recently got a Red Bull BC-1 Mini Fridge from goodwill. It wasn't working so i took it apart and it turns out that the compressor gets so hot so quickly it actually trips the Compressor Overload Switch within seconds of it being plugged which means the option for me is to replace it. what i am wondering is it possible to fit the SC-1 compressor into my fridge and would it work?

timakramer@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Fixing my BC-1  Empty Re: Fixing my BC-1

Post  vanvalks Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 am

From my experience most of the compressors on these fridges look very similar and are even similar sizes. I imagine the swap would work, but in the end it might be cheaper to part out the non-working fridge and buy a different one. Once you break the cooling system on these fridges it requires alot of time and copper welding to close it again. Special fittings have to be welded in to be able to recharge the refrigerant. So if it is the compressor consider parting it out- you should have $150 to $200 in parts once everything is sold. Check out this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum