Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I really part my broken fridge out for $$?

Go down

Can I really part my broken fridge out for $$? Empty Can I really part my broken fridge out for $$?

Post  vanvalks Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 am

Parts for these fridges are HARD to come by and let's face it- they break down way too much! If your fridge is not working and you don't think it is worth fixing then do the community a favor and PART IT OUT! Things like ballasts, fans, shelves, body pieces are worth more than you think and someone out there is probably looking for that exact piece! Most fridges have $150 to $200 worth of parts on them! Please test parts before selling though!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do your fellow energy drink fridge enthusiasts a favor AND put some money in your pocket at the same time!

Ideas for sellable parts from a fridge:
Door (Yes someone out there has the same fridge with a broken door)
Shelves
Circuit board
Thermometer/Thermostat
Compressor Overload switch
Compressor relay
Fluorescent light ballast
Plastic logo pieces (highly sought after because they get brittle and break easily)
Compressor and condensor fans
Compressor (if you dare cut it out of the cooling system)
Fluorescent lights
Light covers
Shelving mounts
Door hinges
Any other switches, logos, thingamajigs, or parts you can take of the fridge and ship for a reasonable price. If you've got it then chances are someone out there is looking for the replacement piece!

*Warning it is generally NOT recommended to break the pressurized cooling system e.g. cutting the copper lines to take out the compressor, evaporator, etc. This will release high pressure Freon, so unless you know what you are doing- or are mildly stupid/brave- leave the part outs to the easily detachable pieces Smile.*
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum