Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting

2 posters

Go down

Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting Empty Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting

Post  Luv2Camp Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:28 am

Pics to come. I decided that I do not like the idea of having two 13 watt bulbs heating the inside of the fridge as the unit is on. I like having it lt up so I am going to convert it all over to LED. This will reduce the wattage consumes as well as increase the fridge efficiency and increase it's service life as it will not need to cycle as much.

Ordered 15 feet of bright LED flexible strip lighting and a 120v to 12v transformer. Should have in a week or so and will post pics as I make the mod!
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting Empty Re: Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting

Post  Luv2Camp Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:13 pm

DONE! WORKS GREAT!!!! Ripped out the wiring, ballasts and wired in LED
strip lighting. Bought the roll and 110v to 12v converter on amazon.
Total install was about an hour. Replaced the interior fans as well
while I had it apart. ENJOY!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]%20[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]%20[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]%20[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]%20[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]%20[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]%20[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]] [/url]

LED lights

LED power supply

When looking at a power supply, these LED lights pull 7.2 watts for every 3.3 feet of lighting

Connector if you do not want to solder

Dimmer that I could use if wanted to add this feature

Last edited by Luv2Camp on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : images)
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting Empty Re: Coverting VV3 from flourescent to LED lighting

Post  vanvalks Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:14 am

Nicely done! Theoretically you should be able to add in an adjustable switch to dim or brighten the lights if you wanted to right?

Can you post links to the LED lights strip and voltage converter so we know where to buy them at?
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luv2Camp Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 pm

vanvalks wrote:Nicely done! Theoretically you should be able to add in an adjustable switch to dim or brighten the lights if you wanted to right?

Can you post links to the LED lights strip and voltage converter so we know where to buy them at?

THANKS! I added links on my thread. I also added a link for the dimmer switch you can use for LED lights. I put one of these in my camper for my accent lights I installed and works great. Also added a link for connectors to the LED light cable. You have to cut the lights to length. Every 3 LED lights, there is a cut line and when you cut it, there are two small pads to solder to. If you are good with soldering and know how to "tin" the wire and solder correctly to the pad it is easy, otherwise get the connectors. If you do not know that you cannot use a regular soldering gun for PCB type work, you are probably gonna make a mess so get the connectors!
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum