Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rockstar Mini Fridge smells like mildew

Go down

Rockstar Mini Fridge smells like mildew Empty Rockstar Mini Fridge smells like mildew

Post  vanvalks Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 pm

This fridge just arrived via Fedex a couple days ago. I love the fridge- especially the orange glowing rockstar logo, but the fridge has a musty mildew smell like it has been sitting for a little while with some moisture in the cabinet and the door closed. Any ideas on how to get ride of the smell? I wouldn't mind it so much, but I took a can out to drink and I could taste the mildew smell on the can when I drank it so the smell has got to go. My first thoughts are just to open the door and air it our for a week or so. I also put some baking soda in there to soak up the stink. Any other ideas?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Rockstar Mini Fridge smells like mildew Empty Update

Post  vanvalks Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 pm

I've had the fridge for a couple weeks now. I've cleaned it out good with clorox cleaner and soapy water and I've propped the door open for about a week- then ran it for about a week. The whole time I've had a dish of baking soda in there to try and soak up the smell. I've noticed that the mildew smell is not near as bad as it was. It used to be so bad I could taste the mildew smell when I was drinking from a can that had been in the fridge. Now there is just a faint smell and no taste. Hopefully it will continue to get better, but at least it is bearable now! Very Happy
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down