Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK)

Go down

Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK) Empty Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK)

Post  eightyeightmph Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Had this a couple of weeks now but with it being in my room it's too bright to have on at night so want to install a switch to be able to turn the lights off, or at the least the ones on the front.

It's this one (stock photo);

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I plan to install the switch in the plastic cover on the side of the top front panel (silver half moon);

The switch;

I'm not great at wiring, firstly CAN I run all the lights, the front & those inside through this switch (13A, 250V) or just the front? How do I do it, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this fridge to show what I need to do?

Secondly, the fridge is barely used, the shelf was still all taped up but sadly the keys are missing, can anyone point me in the direction of where to get replacements, I believe they're all the same across this model?! I'm in the UK.

Thanks in anticipation!

eightyeightmph

Back to top Go down

Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK) Empty Re: Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK)

Post  eightyeightmph Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:49 am

My set up as it stands Thumbs Up

eightyeightmph

Back to top Go down

Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK) Empty Re: Installing a light switch on a Red Bull Baby Cooler? Also replacement keys (UK)

Post  eightyeightmph Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm

After reading & reading about fridges & fluorescent lights I got the switch all wired up today.

As there's nothing on the internet or forum so far, here's a little write-up if anyone else wants to do the same;

The top panel (3 '+' screws on the back, 6 '*' on top);

The light with the front panel removed & end caps removed (2 small '+' screws);

The power comes in from the mains straight into a junction where it splits between the fridge components & power to the lights. All three bulbs are wired to a respective ballast, the power is split to feed all three ballasts;

The white is effectively positive, so that's where the switch goes. The opaque nobules are just protective crimp sleeves where the incoming power splits to supply the ballasts, just squeeze these with pliers to pop them off & attach a feed cable to the switch in place of the incoming power. Complete the circuit with a wire continuing from the now loose white wire to the switch;

Then it was just a matter of tidying the wires up & making sure all everything is well insulated;

I decided the easiest & most accessible place for the switch was the end cap on the front panel (being plastic not metal), and extended the hole for the front bulb holder to allow the wires through;

Quick video of the end result (click);

So, where can I get replacement keys? Thumbs Up

eightyeightmph

punk_and_goth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down