Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp?

5 posters

Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp?

Post  skeeterzx225 Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I've had other RedBull Fridges that had the dial on the back for temp settings, but the VV-3 doesn't have this. Just recently I noticed my fridge is getting way too cold causing bottles to freeze, can the temp be adjusted somehow? What's the issue?

skeeterzx225

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty Re: Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp?

Post  vanvalks Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 am

The good news, yes the VV-3 does have an adjustable temperature control, but it is a pain to get to. It is on the circuit board which is hidden in a box tucked away behind the compressor. Here is a pic with the temperature control circled in red:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The bad news, chances are that your problem is not an adjustment to the temperature control. You most likely have a bad temperature sensor. The temperature sensor clips into the circuit board right next to the temperature control (a red clip). The actual sensor is screwed to the top of the fridge next to the evaporator and above the 2 small fans inside the fridge. Here is a pic of the one on my VV-3 after I had unscrewed it from the top of the fridge.

These things seem to go bad quite often, and when they do the fridge will just run and run until the compressor gets hot enough that the compressor overload switch shuts the fridge off for a little while. This is 99% of the time what is the problem when a fridge is getting super cold and freezing drinks inside.

I have already sold the temperature sensor off my fridge, so you are out of luck that way, but here is a possible solution (I really have no idea if subing this sensor in for the old one will work, but at $10 it is a cheap try). You won't be able to pull the sensor wire through the fridge so you will have to cut your old sensor off leaving as much wire as possible and then crimp the new sensor on using some crimp connectors. If you give it a try let the rest of us know if it works because there are at 3 other VV-3 owners out there I know of with the same problem!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by vanvalks on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty fixed?

Post  skeeterzx225 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:05 pm

strange, unplugged the fridge for a day and plugged it back in last night and this morning it was holding steady at 40 degrees, so who knows, it's working fine now...

skeeterzx225

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty Follow Up?

Post  EnergyMan Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 am

Is your fridge still working right after unplugging it and letting it sit for a short time?
EnergyMan
EnergyMan

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty fridge

Post  skeeterzx225 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 pm

EnergyMan wrote:Is your fridge still working right after unplugging it and letting it sit for a short time?

yep, been working fine ever since..

skeeterzx225

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty Re: Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp?

Post  Project x Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 am

where is the temperature gauge on the red bull vv3s? and from what i read the temp by default is set to 40, correct? how long does it take to start chilling from when it is turned on for the very first time.

thanks

Project x

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com/t41-model-vv-3-now-gets-too-cold-around-23-degrees-can-i-adjust-the-temp#56

Post  Doc1time75 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 am

Does anyone know where to get a tempurature control for a vv-3n?????
Thanks

Doc1time75

Back to top Go down

Post  vanvalks Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:20 am

The temperature adjustment on the VV-3 (as I understand it this model is slightly different then the VV-3N) is located on the circuit board which is hidden in a gray plastic box next to the compressor. This pic shows the temp adjustment circled in red:

Check see if your fridge is a VV-3 or a VV-3N. RB Kyle has parts available for almost all of the Red Bull fridges. Click on the members tab at the top and find his name. Shoot him a PM with what you need. He is a little slow to respond sometimes, but he will respond.

Last edited by vanvalks on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vanvalks Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 am

Project x wrote:where is the temperature gauge on the red bull vv3s? and from what i read the temp by default is set to 40, correct? how long does it take to start chilling from when it is turned on for the very first time.

thanks

You should start to feel cold air blowing inside the fridge within minutes. Probably a couple hours to fully chill the drinks inside the fridge.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Model VV-3 now gets too cold! around 23 degrees, can I adjust the temp? Empty Red bull fridge

Post  Doc1time75 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 am

Hey.. It is a vv-3n. I am going to try the temp sensor idea listed above from amazon.. Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes...

Doc1time75

Back to top Go down

Post  vanvalks Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:38 am

Good luck Thumbs Up ! So it sounds like your fridge is running constantly and freezing drinks? Not shutting off once it hits the right temp?
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down