Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.

2 posters

Go down

Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.  Empty Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.

Post  cfletch Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 am

Hey guys im new to the forum and just picked up my own Red Bull fridge yesterday.
It is the one made by Cooler Masters.

It starts running really loud once it starts cooling (im assuming its the compressor) after about 5-10 minutes it will cut off for awhile and then start again.

I am just wondering if that is just how loud that fridge usually runs or if there is something wrong with mine. I have it in my bedroom right now but it may end up in the garage or on Craigslist if thats how loud it will always run.

Any suggestions or help is must appreciated Smile

cfletch

Back to top Go down

Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.  Empty Re: Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.

Post  vanvalks Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 pm

I would guess it would be a bad fan over the compressor. It is normal for the fridge to cycle on and off every 5 to 10 minutes. It does this to 1. control the temperature inside the fridge and 2. keep the compressor from overheating.

To diagnose the noise plug the fridge in and disconnect the fan that blows air over the compressor. If the noise goes away then you need a new fan. Don't leave the fan disconnected for more than a minute or two so you don't overheat the compressor.

There is also a fan inside the fridge cabinet which blows air over the cold condensor lines. If this fan is bad you will notice the noise gets much louder when you open the door.

If this doesn't help let me know and we can try a couple other things...
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.  Empty Re: Red Bull Fridge is running really loud.

Post  cfletch Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks man,

It probably is the fan because I hear the compressor kick in and then a few minutes later the fan turns on and that's when it starts buzzing.

I'll have to take a picture and post it on here so you can see how mine is setup. There are copper lines that run to what looks like a computer heatsink and that's that the fan blows into. The other day I cleaned out the fan and "heatsink" with canned air so now it seems like the fan is running less.

I'm going to try disconnecting the fan when I get home to see if that is the issue.

cfletch

Back to top Go down

Post  cfletch Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:11 am

I removed the fan last night and cleaned/straightened all of the condenser fins.

There is a red wire and a black wire that hooks to the fan. Does it matter what wire goes to what? the new fan I bought only has two black wires coming from it.

cfletch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down