Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking...

4 posters

Go down

Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking... Empty Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking...

Post  vanvalks Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 am

I've got this model Red Bull mini fridge and there are a couple things wrong with it. First the lights do not turn on. Second the fridge shutters and shakes and makes weird noises once it has warmed up for an hour or so. It works and gets cold, but runs rough, almost like it has a bad relay or something.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by The Guru on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking... Empty Re: Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking...

Post  vanvalks Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:51 am

Got the fridge up and running with about $30 worth of parts. Ordered replacement ballast WH2-120-L for $20 to fix the light issue. This was an easy swap in. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Turns out the shuttering and shaking was the result of a bad overload switch. The overload switch is a small 1" round plastic piece which is mounted against the compressor wall. The switch has a thin piece of metal inside which bends at a certain temperature and breaks the circuit. This piece of metal had a crack in it so it was constantly breaking the circuit causing the fridge to shutter as it was constantly turning on and off.

I ordered a replacement overload switch here and it was a perfect replacement for $10. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was a tricky fix as I was initially suspecting a bad relay because the relay was clicking. Turns out the clicking was a symptom of the constant power on/power off. Once I fixed the overload switch the relay clicking went away!

Love the fridge now!
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking... Empty Re: Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking...

Post  EnergyMan Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks for the info OP! This should help me as I try to fix my fridge!
EnergyMan
EnergyMan

Back to top Go down

Redbull Mini Fridge CMV-50 lights not working, studdering and shaking... Empty THanks so much!!!!

Post  golavaman Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 am

I was experiencing similar issues with mine and i thought it was the relay that was bad because it kept clicking on and off. I found this post and ordered the part on a whim for 11 dollars and some change with free three day shipping. I ordered it on Sunday, Monday was a holiday, and i got the part on Tuesday. Very Happy The information provided was a great help and many thanks to the op. I also had issues with the lighting in mine and instead opted to replace the lighting system completely with red and blue waterproof led strips purchased off of ebay. I think it looks awesome, i will post up some pics soon.

golavaman

Back to top Go down

Post  vanvalks Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forums! Glad you got it fixed!
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiral Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:15 am

Anyone have a schematic or pictures of the wiring in the black box. I took mine apart to replace the relay and overload switch and i forgot my documentation.

Spiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down