Energy Drink Fridge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling? Any help????

3 posters

Go down

Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling?  Any help???? Empty Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling? Any help????

Post  Luv2Camp Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:37 am

So picked up two vestfrost can coolers. One works perfect but the other one is having issues. Runs fine but seems that only the bottom half of the can is getting cold. On the one that works great, the entire interior gets cold/ice formation.

The one that is having issues, when I plug it in and it is running, it sounds like some bubbling near the upper half that continues the entire time it is running. When I unplug it, it will make these sounds for 10 or so seconds as well. STUMPED and appears these units are glued shut???

If I cannot repair, I will try to turn it into an ice cooler but would hate to rip the guts out to fins what could have been an easy solution!
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling?  Any help???? Empty Re: Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling? Any help????

Post  vanvalks Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 am

do you have a temperature gauge you can put in the fridge for a little while to see what the interior temp is getting to? It can be deceiving to tell by feel how cool the fridge is getting.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling?  Any help???? Empty Re: Vestfrost red bull can cooler not fully cooling? Any help????

Post  Luv2Camp Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 pm

vanvalks wrote:do you have a temperature gauge you can put in the fridge for a little while to see what the interior temp is getting to? It can be deceiving to tell by feel how cool the fridge is getting.

I let it run all day and the bottom was at 42 and the top basket would not get below 50. There is frost forming on the lower half near the bottom of the basket. My other one will get colder than that and frost on the entire inside wall at both baskets.

Also, I had the machine in the room with me and the compressor did not shut down once. It ran the entire day. I am assuming that this means the thermostat is not the issue as if it were, the compressor would shut off prematurely?

Last edited by Luv2Camp on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  vanvalks Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 am

Well if it was a thermostat problem the fridge would run and run and not shut off, but if the fridge was working properly it would be well below freezing in the fridge. With your fridge it is running and running because it isn't getting cold enough for the thermostat to turn the compressor off. So long story short this probably is not a thermostat problem.

There should be a fan blowing cold air into the fridge right below the bottom basket. Is that fan working in your fridge? If it isn't actively blowing cold air into your fridge then I could see it not getting very cold and the lower part of the fridge would be colder than the top. Check and see if that is your problem.
vanvalks
vanvalks
Admin

http://www.energydrinkfridgeforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luv2Camp Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Yes, that fan and the compresor cooling fan are both working. What I am wondering is if the cooler was stored on it's side and oil got into the lines??? Would this explain the bubbling noise I hear from the top half of the cooler when it is on??? I have let the cooler sit for a few days but made no difference. Also assuming that these cannot be taken apart? From peering inside, looks like the outer shell is glued to the cooler after they run all of the cooling lines??
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  joemonster Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:33 pm

ive got similar issues..monster model sc130n..from 2005....lowest mine got was 47 degrees after being plugged in for 24 hours or so...now hovering just above 50...learned more by talking to a local appliance repair man, ive got a few ideas...does anyone on here know anything about these? possible issues? leaky refridgerant? where to start? low on refridgerant?

joemonster

Back to top Go down

Post  Luv2Camp Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:46 pm

joemonster wrote:ive got similar issues..monster model sc130n..from 2005....lowest mine got was 47 degrees after being plugged in for 24 hours or so...now hovering just above 50...learned more by talking to a local appliance repair man, ive got a few ideas...does anyone on here know anything about these? possible issues? leaky refridgerant? where to start? low on refridgerant?

I am not a repair tech so only can guess from experience. .... Does the COMPRESSOR keep running the entire time or does it shut off and cycle??? I would guess that if the compressor keeps running, it may be a freon level issue. If it cycles on and off, I would look at the thermostat...
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  joemonster Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:37 pm

ok...so i havent sat and listened but it probably does run constantly...so look at the thermostat? which is where? and do what? replace it? i notice there is a temp control knob on rear goes from min to max
also connects to a circuit board which has a red light that blinks 4 times when plugged in?

any more halp appreciated...was assuming low on refridgerant...but thermostat might be bad too.

joemonster

Back to top Go down

Post  Luv2Camp Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm

joemonster wrote:ok...so i havent sat and listened but it probably does run constantly...so look at the thermostat? which is where? and do what? replace it? i notice there is a temp control knob on rear goes from min to max
also connects to a circuit board which has a red light that blinks 4 times when plugged in?

any more halp appreciated...was assuming low on refridgerant...but thermostat might be bad too.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the blinking LED code. I would look into that before diving into random trouble shooting... That may tell you what the issue is... As far as the thermostat. this would be an issue to look at if the compressor goes off when the temp is not cold enough. Is just an on off switch. If the compressor kicks off and the temp is still not cold enough, verify you have the dial set to cold (try turning the opposite way as well) If setting is correct, you may have a faulty thermostat.
Luv2Camp
Luv2Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  joemonster Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

ok so im.confused but...from what i thought the compressor shouldnt kick off or cycle unless it got cold? i have kept it on the lower / warmer / minimum setting but noticed this morning it was up to 60 degrees and after unplugging it...it does sound like the compressor kicks off at times...a loud click and unit got quieter...idk still thinking somethings wrong

joemonster

Back to top Go down

Post  joemonster Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:37 pm

do you know where the thermostat switch is? i can post pictures if needed...i just noticed that the smaller freon hose coming out of the fridge and going to a sorta bubble where it goes from little line to say around 1/2 inch copper bubble and its frosty at the bottom of the bubble , which i would think would be a good sign...but the line coming out of the fridge isnt that cold....defanitely thinking its low on freon, was colder this morning 47 now its 60 and just not sure if maybe its something simple like a thermostat..or what..

joemonster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down